Below are nine areas of policy and practice that individually and in combination can make your school more asthma-friendly. Some policy areas are related to others, so if you are using integrated pest management [link], for example, you should also be working to reduce clutter through recycling [link] (because clutter can be a home for pests). The school-wide environmental health and safety management approach addresses multiple policy and practice areas simultaneously.
Policy & Practice Areas
- Leaks & Moisture
- Clinical Asthma Management in the School Setting
- Green Cleaning & Environmental Purchasing Programs
- Integrated Pest Management
- School-wide Environmental Health & Safety Management
- Facilities manager, custodian