Enhancing Asthma Control
The MAAP Health Committee seeks to improve systems of care and outcomes for all individuals with asthma in Massachusetts. To do this, it has developed a multi-pronged approach that includes:
- increasing training opportunities for health professionals
- developing additional measures and standards of care for asthma in Massachusetts
- increasing the number of people with asthma who receive self-management education
- increasing the number of health insurers who cover recommended asthma care
- transitioning to electronic asthma action plans
Currently, the Health Committee is exploring outreach to pharmacists around asthma education, and is also supporting the MA Community Health Center Asthma Educators' Collaborative's project at Partners Asthma Center to develop an online platform to enhance communication between asthma educators, community health centers, and health care providers.
Chair of the Health Committee: Alicia Morris, RN, BSN, AE-C from the Cambridge Health Department's Healthy Homes program.
Contact us if you are interested in joining the Health Committee.